Airframe Design Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Airframe Design Engineer
Location: Warton – On site
Salary: £37,090 - £49,135 (Commensurate with skills and experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Producing and issuing Airframe engineering design data to meet project requirements in line with design standards, whilst maintaining quality, cost, and schedule adherence.
- Verifying design data after completion and prior to a formal independent check to ensure compliance with project standards.
- Liaising with other engineering and project areas in a collaborative environment in developing design solutions.
- Identifying product technical risks and associated mitigation plans.
- Evaluating and resolving design problems and supporting the generation of resulting modifications and changes.
Your skills and experiences:
- HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent qualification or experience in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
- Experience of Design within industry and/or within course in which you gained a suitable academic qualification.
- Background in Aeronautical or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and an understanding of the main phases of an airframe design product lifecycle.
- Experience using a 3D CAD toolset such as CATIA V5 or equivalent.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary integrated product development environment.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Airframe Design Team:
Would you like to play a part of a team producing the airframe product definition in the development of advanced combat aircraft products and technologies, developing your design skills and capabilities whilst working in an agile and collaborative business environment? We currently have vacancies for Airframe Design Engineers based at Warton.
This role will provide you with a unique opportunity to develop your career working on leading-edge programmes within the Tempest team, with opportunities for career progression within the team or wider business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.