Procurement Manager - International
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Procurement Manager - International
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Please note – this role will require occasional national & international travel based on business requirements
What you’ll be doing:
- Engaging with cross-functional stakeholders, at an early stage, to ensure sourcing strategies are developed for International bids
- Applying market knowledge and commercial acumen to drive value creation, innovation, decrease risk and support CSR targets through the supply chain
- Cultivating and developing critical supplier relationships, ensuring estimates for the bought-out content of bids are underpinned by acceptable supplier proposals
- Ensuring compliance to Procurement and business processes, and to legislation and regulations
- Providing responses into customer Requests for Information (RFIs), Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs) and Invitations to Tender (ITTs) relating to Procurement content
- Managing appropriate flow down of terms and requirements from Customer contract to the supply chain
Your skills and experiences:
- Professional Procurement experience in Market Intelligence, International Sourcing, Risk and Opportunity Management, Contracting and Supplier Relationship Management
- Understanding and application of International business
- Able to interpret complex data to identify actions required and proactive approach to solving problems
- Influencing skills (cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers) to make informed decisions based on total cost of acquisition principles
- Project management skills would be desirable
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Defence Information team:
Customers increasingly demand information and technology solutions delivering advantage, communications, planning, operations and cyber protection. C5ISR within Defence Information is where we design and build cutting edge IT solutions for incorporation into products and services.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.