Senior Combat Systems Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Combat Systems Engineer
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £46,000 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist or Lead a technical team in support of project objectives undertaking technical work activities within a system engineering context
- Engaging with Internal and External stakeholders, Technical Leads, Engineering Managers, Project Managers and Technical Authorities to ensure customer and business needs are satisfied appropriately and problems/issues are mitigated accordingly
- Assist with the technical management for the creation of Combat Systems technical specifications, and associated physical Integration design documentation
- Assist or act as a Technical Design Lead when communicating with other supplier representatives and internal teams to discuss technical issues and problems
- Assist with the Technical management in the Production of Combat System Schematics, Cable Schedules, Cable Terminations and Equipment Connection Details (ECDs) using information contained in the Suppliers Guidance documents
- Assist or Act as a Technical Design lead responsible to detail the requirements for and the production of 2D / Primitive 3D Compartment Layouts and Compartment Design Briefs for all Combat System Compartments
Your skills and experiences:
- A relevant HNC/HND or Degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent, or demonstration of comparable suitable experience
- Member of a Professional Organisation working towards an I.Eng status
- Previous experience of managing a technical team, and can provide coaching and mentoring to others within the team to support their development
- Experience of Physical and Functional integration of a Combat System in a
- Has acted as a Technical Lead within a Combat Systems Complex Integration Project
- Understanding of Engineering design Lifecycle within a Naval Environment.
- Has worked in a fast-paced environment using SME knowledge to solve challenges to keep the project on track
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Combat System team:
This role is ideal for an experienced professional engineer who can bring their existing technical experience to the wider team, and in return, you will be fully supported in your professional development with the chance for excellent career progression opportunities in the future
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation