BAE Systems UK
Location: South Gloucestershire
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: ETL Developer
Location: Any UK location, with potential hybrid working at one of our main sites in Glasgow, Bristol or Portsmouth
Salary: Up to £55,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Gathering requirements and analysing them in order to produce optimum technical design solutions
- Engaging in the full software development lifecycle, undertake the development of Data Integration components using ETL/ELT in accordance with the relevant processes and quality requirements to deliver integration solutions
- Continuing to develop, support and maintain the enterprise Data Warehouse in line with the business’ requirements and best practice
- Providing support to the development teams, the IM&T function and the wider business
- Providing ETL/ELT and Data Warehouse subject matter expert (SME) to support company-wide strategy and decision-making
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience in developing ETL/ELT solutions, ideally using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI). Experience in other commercial ETL tools will be considered
- Excellent SQL and PL-SQL skills
- Oracle Database skills
- Ability to work with XML, associated technologies and SOAP/RESTful web services
- Data warehouse methodologies and data modelling
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The IM&T Team:
The team is responsible for the development of critical data integrations and support of the business’ multi-consumer Data Warehouse.
As an ETL Developer, you will develop new ETL/ELT components, maintain & support existing components and further develop and maintain the business’ multi-consumer Data Warehouse. Your work within the team will help to shape the future of the business’ data management capability.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects, delivering for all parts of the business programme and opportunities to develop within the wider BAE systems business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.