AC%26E Procurement Control Account Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Aircraft Capability & Equipment Control Account Manager
Location: Warton. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements.
Salary: £43,800 - £62,900 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Undertake analysis of project performance against critical success criteria, identifying critical events and root causes of variance.
- Maintain the integrity of the performance baseline by ensuring effective change control.
- Implement and operate appropriate risk and opportunity management practices.
- Represent Aircraft Capability & Equipment at Integrated Baselines Reviews (IBRs) and Surveillance reviews on the project control system
- Continuously improve and develop the project control capability on the project/programme and provide advice at Line of Business level.
- Provide technical guidance to the wider programme team on all aspects of project control.
- Mentoring of team members, providing guidance and support
- As part of the project team, you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities
Additional responsibilities of this role include:
- Support to the Integrated Business Plan (IBP) setting annually and where updates are required by
- Reviewing the Resource database holding the Demand for Firm, Highly Probable and Probable work to ensure its accuracy and currency to enable an accurate Supply Solution to be developed.
- Presenting at the Europe & International Sales and Operations review to inform on the adequacy of the Supply Solution within Aircraft Capability & Equipment and raise any issues for Help Required.
- Active involvement in the Project Management Back to Basics improvement programme, measuring the maturity of training, processes, and SQEPness of project controllers to identify further improvements
Your skills and experiences:
- A good knowledge of project management techniques including resource planning and management, cost capture, analysis and forecasting, schedule planning and tracking, Earned Value Management (EVM), risk and opportunity management and change management
- Able to pursue best practice and align local processes and procedures as applicable
- An understanding of Life Cycle Management
- Experienced in Integrated Baselines Reviews and setting the Performance Measurement Baseline
- PMQ or equivalent experience
- Previous experience of project management tools and techniques and leading teams
- Working to defined and structured lifecycle processes with formal gate reviews, and continuous improvement
- Good stakeholder management, with critical thinking and problem solving
- Experience of working within a Procurement/Supply chain environment
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may
affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.