Engineering Manager (Information Assurance / Cyber)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Engineering Manager- Information Assurance/Cyber
Location: Barrow in Furness or Bristol. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: Up to £52,800 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Controlling and guiding role for the scope of product security
- Setting direction and leading across product security for large number of complex systems
- Managing product security of the shipbuilders and major suppliers
- Ensure the whole scope of product security for the whole boat is delivered
- Managing stakeholders across all levels in submarine enterprise
- Providing product security technical advice and guidance across system owners
- Managing security risk through the tiers with MOD organisations
- Defining and setting product security and policy to industry and best practices
Your skills and experiences:
- Previous leadership experience
- Engineering or IT Degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience of implementing products in the engineering cycle or cyber security
- The ability to allocate, delegate and monitor workloads
- Wide range of cyber and information security knowledge would be beneficial
- Knowledge of industry standards NIST Framework, IEC 27001, NCSC CAF would be beneficial
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Information Assurance & Cyber team:
The teams work to deliver the Dreadnought security assurance case. This involves setting standards and policies of security cases to ensure major suppliers deliver against those policies and standards, managing daily risks along the way while reporting back through the leadership chain.
You’ll be engaging with stakeholders such as the MoD and others on consultative advice engagement level, but you’ll also have the chance to shape the role.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.