Ship Service Technician
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Ships Services Technician
Salary: £32,617 + Shift Allowance + Overtime
What you’ll be doing:
- To develop and maintain a broad knowledge of electro/mechanical systems associated with RN ships to ensure safety of personnel and equipment
- Carry out as directed, electro / mechanical low-level maintenance and equipment keep alive as required by contract specification
- To assist with implementing the Health and Safety controls in ships for which BAE has Care and Custody
- To undertake shift working in accordance with roster prepared by your team manager
- Experience in dealing with the safe systems of work activities including LOTO, Confined Space and Hot Work
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge / awareness and appreciation for safe systems of work
- Good all-round knowledge of Electro/Mechanical systems and be able to interpret technical drawings
- PC Literate – lots of admin and updating permit requests etc all digital
- Ideal RN / Merchant Navy or Oil Rig / O&G industry – I.e., safety conscious
- Good team player – strong communication and diplomacy skills
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Ship Service Technicians team:
As a part of Ship Service Technicians team, you will respond to the requirements of the Ship Services Team Manager and will be responsible for the provision of a safe working environment and ensuring that the health and safety of others who may be affected by your actions. This role will provide you with opportunity to develop your career with BAE Systems.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you.