Senior Software Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Location: Isle of Wight
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Cowes, Isle of Wight
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £55,000 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Analysing software requirements, creating software design updates to support software implementation, ensuring the overall system will perform according to its requirements
- Writing software according to coding standards, maintaining existing software, investigating issues and identifying pragmatic solutions where necessary
- Writing and testing software test schedule.
- Documenting relevant information, so that others can understand the software and the system.
- Liaising with team members and external stakeholders, ensuring appropriate information is understood and delivered
Your skills and experiences:
- Extensive knowledge of programming languages, C and/or Ada highly desirable.
- Familiar with all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience of UML or similar high level design methodology.
- Excellent software coding, integration and testing skills, ideally with a real time, multi-processor focus.
- Experience of configuration control systems.
- Good knowledge and experience with COTS hardware, device drivers and interface standards, including Ethernet, VME is desirable
- CEng or equivalent level of capability, or working towards CEng status
- BEng/BSc in Computer Science or other relevant Engineering or Numerate subject (technology, engineering or science related discipline
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Software team:
You will be working with a dynamic and enthusiastic Software team who are eager to learn and develop. You will support in managing the development and delivery of projects within the Radar sector of Maritime services.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.