Software Team Leader
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Software Team Leader
Location: Hillend, Fife – We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: Circa £60,000 per annum (dependent on skillset and experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Generation and management of requirements, design of technical solutions, software development of those solutions and testing
- Peer reviews and test definition
- Adherence to project processes and software development practices
- Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
- Production of technical documentation
- Leading a moderate sized team of software developers and being responsible for the required deliverables
- Planning, scheduling, assigning, and reviewing work of the team, estimation, and reporting on progress
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree level qualified in computer science or software engineering background or relevant experience
- Experience in the Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing), and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
- Experience with C# or C++ and desktop-based applications and Windows O/S
- Object-oriented design/development including UML, SysML or XML
- Experience of leading a team of software developers, coaching staff, co-ordinating training and developing others
- Project planning and reporting
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Digital Intelligence team:
Customers increasingly demand information and technology solutions delivering advantage, communications, planning, operations and cyber protection. C5ISR within Digital Intelligence is where we design and build cutting edge IT solutions for incorporation into products and services.
The product development and solutions team are operating in a dynamic market. The team is responsible for the development of world-leading network security and communication appliances that operate at multi-gigabit speeds, combining software and custom hardware.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.