Supply Chain Professional
BAE Systems UK
Location: Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Supply Chain Professional
Salary: Up to £45,000 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with the BAE Maritime Services and BAE Naval Ships and other stakeholders, to generate statements of work and RFQ’s (Request for Quotation) to create sourcing solutions
- Generating and negotiating appropriate terms and conditions and developing contract packs
- Placing subcontract purchase orders within Maritime Services’ SAP System for both direct and indirect materials and processes to support Type 26 spares and training
- Reviewing and managing supplier performance, manage change and maintain relationships both internal & external
- Acting as main point of contact for CDRLs (Contract Data Requirements List), for assigned suppliers and Procurement Packs, liaising with reviewers, suppliers and the engineering teams to achieve on time, quality deliverables
Your skills and experiences:
- CIPS level 4 or ongoing study
- Experience of SAP
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package (including Excel)
- Understanding of Contract Management E.g., T&C’s, IP, Security, NDA’s
- Previous proven Procurement experience in a Manufacturing and/or Defence environments
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Supply Chain Type 26 Global Combat Ship Support Team are a growing team of experienced Supply Chain professionals. The team work in a multi-matrix environment across all Maritime Services sites working alongside various key stakeholders throughout the wider business to support on the Type 26 GCS for initial provisioning of spares and support the Royal Navy training requirements.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.