Senior Operations Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Operations Engineer
Location: Barrow in Furness (full time on site)
What you’ll be doing:
- Raising, updating, and closing notifications and replacement equipment requests (D&D’s)
- Planning and enabling future work, in support of Commissioning Project leaders (CPL)
- Updating progress within P6 plan
- Managing maintenance schedule, within UMMS data base
- Supporting section management in meetings, by acting as meeting secretary
- Working as directed by CPL’s and management
Your skills and experiences:
- HNC or equivalent experience in Engineering background
- Submarine or Ship building knowledge
- Knowledge of Project planning & Controls
- Knowledge of authorising test documentation
- Knowledge of maintenance management
- Microsoft office experience
- UMMS Database
- Excellent communication skills and strong Stakeholder influencing
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
The Senior Operations Engineer team:
As a Senior Operations Engineer, you will be reporting to the Ships Engineering manager, working in a team of approximately 70. The teams are split into Electrical, Mechanical, Structural and management.
This role will provide you with opportunity for further education. Involvement in planning and enabling of Test & Commissioning activities, across a multi discipline team, through the commissioning life cycle of the Submarine with opportunities to develop into commissioning project leader.