Air - Engineering Integration Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Location: South Ayrshire Council
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Engineering Integration Engineer
Location: Prestwick - Hybrid
Salary: £27755 – £34694
The Engineering Integration team:
This role will provide you with a unique opportunity to develop your career by working on advanced, leading-edge, ground-breaking technology programmes with opportunities for career progression aligned to your personal and professional development.
As a Systems Integration Engineer you will have responsibility for creating technical documentation in accordance with Departmental Quality Management Procedures and Processes. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support during development, with clear understanding of the product, risks, issues, assumptions & dependencies associated with the products. The candidate should have good communication skills; have a thorough knowledge of engineering methods, a good knowledge of the product life cycle and be IT literate using Microsoft office suite.
What you’ll be doing:
- Applying the Systems Engineering approaches across the engineering disciplines to define the customer needs and the required functionality early in the development cycle, documenting requirements, then proceeding with design synthesis and system validation while considering the complete problem
- Applying systems engineering methods, criteria, and techniques to optimise all aspects of safety throughout the lifecycle
- Translating customer requirements into a practicable solution architecture and partitions this into lower-level requirements / specifications
- Ensuring that the resulting solution meets the customer requirements and is properly designed, certified, and controlled
- Creating technical documentation in accordance with Departmental Quality Management Procedures and Processes
- Providing technical support during development, with clear understanding of the product, risks, issues, assumptions & dependencies associated with the products
- Engineering Integration continues to evolve to align with modern working practices it is currently scoped across four key areas, Technical Integration, Engineering Management, System Level Specialisms and Capability & Governance this role may fit neatly into one area but may also require/develop understanding and exposure to the other areas and in fact the other engineering disciplines
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree educated in a STEM discipline or HND/HNC with sound experience of the Engineering Lifecycle
- Some awareness and experience in an engineering integration environment
- Awareness and experience of Model Based Engineering approaches and the supporting methods and toolsets
- Good communicator at all levels of an organisation
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation