BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Air - Software Engineer
Location: Hillend, Fife. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: £37,500 - £45,000 (depending on skills and experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, and conduct software development and testing of technical solutions
- Adherence to project processes and software development practices
- Supporting system test and integration activities
- Producing technical documentation when required
- Estimating and reporting on progress
Your skills and experiences:
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing), and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
- Experience using C# or C++, and desktop-based applications such as Windows O/S
- Experienced in object-oriented design/development including UML, SysML or XML
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Digital Intelligence team:
The Digital Intelligence teamgenerate software for high fidelity crew/operator compartments where high levels of training immersion are required, applying them in the fields of aircraft and submarine maintenance training. Customers increasingly demand information and technology solutions delivering advantage, communications, planning, operations, and cyber protection. C5ISR within Digital Intelligence is where we design and build cutting edge IT solutions for incorporation into products and services.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.