BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Business Intelligence Developer
Location: Scotstoun (Bristol/Portsmouth can be considered)
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements.
Salary: circa£50,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Producing maintenance and production analytic reporting into the business
- Developing function specifications that convert user requirements into acceptable solutions
- Conducting data analysis techniques to identify patterns of activity and conduct root cause analysis
- Providing technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures
- Contributing to the planning and implementation of maintenance and installation work, including building and configuration of infrastructure components
- Implementing agreed infrastructure changes and maintenance routines. Configures tools to automate the provisioning, testing and deployment of new and changed infrastructure
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Working with a BI tool data visualization
- Strong SQL skills
- Tableau experience
- Engineering or manufacturing experience
- PM reporting
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The IM&T team:
As a BI Developer, you will be responsible for consulting and supporting IT in the development and application of projects, policies and processes, IT strategy, systems and programme of work, ensuring the products implemented add value to the business and contribute to, or influence the strategic direction of the business.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on critical business change programmes, adding great value and collaborating with various functions.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.