Senior Designer - Mechanical
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Designer - Mechanical
Location: Barrow-in-Furness - We offer a range of onsite, hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you will be doing:
- Using the CAD toolset to produce 3D models of either pipe routes, HVAC systems, mechanical compartment arrangements and BoM item development
- Producing outputs (including 2D drawings and electronic data) to a demanding schedule to support manufacturing, installation, and testing of our products
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with other design teams and stakeholders
- Working as a team to produce an integrated design that meets the client's expectations and agreed set of requirements
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical routed systems at both 2D and 3D level in either piping or HVAC design
- Experience in mechanical compartment integration and or Engineering Standards at component / sub assembly level
- Understanding of CAD toolsets and techniques e.g. Foran, CADDS5, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Tribon and Siemens NX etc. in both 2D and 3D outputs (drawings and models). Other transferable CAD skills and knowledge welcomed
- Technical Drawings skills and experience i.e. setting out form and content of relevant drawing sets such as manufacture and installation details
- CAD experience and knowledge of CAD toolsets and PLM tools such as Teamcenter and Windchill etc
- HNC / ONC level or degree qualification in relevant STEM subject or equivalent work experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Mechanical Designer team:
Working in the Mechanical Designer discipline, the Senior Designer role consists of 3D modelling (design and integration) of various systems in the submarine design using CAD tools. 3D models and 2D diagrams are matured as required to produce outputs to the business stakeholders / client. The role also includes construction of a Bill of Materials (BoM) for your area of design in the submarine and as a Senior Designer, you will report to a Project Leader where you will be working in a team of other Designers at various levels of experience and knowledge who will also support you in your development.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.