Engineer - Software (Instrumentation)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Engineer – Software (Instrumentation)
What you’ll be doing:
This role is primarily focused within the development of embedded software and / or Graphical User Interfaces. Key responsibilities to include assisting with:
- Requirements capture
- Creating software to meet requirements
- Integration of software and hardware aspects of the final solution
- Production of verification/acceptance testing criteria
- Acceptance testing
- Through-life support (e.g. diagnostics, patches & upgrades etc.)
- Production and review of technical documentation and reports
- Maintenance of existing legacy software
- Completion of routine maintenance activities as required
Your skills and experiences:
- A Software Engineer, with existing experience of GUI or embedded programming
- Experience with software and hardware integration
- Ideally experienced using C, C++ and / or C#
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience in Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science although other relevant STEM subjects may be considered
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Instrumentation and Calibration Services team:
The Instrumentation and Calibration Services (ICS) Department is part of the Specialist Engineering Technology Group (SETG) within the BAE Systems Submarines. ICS consists of approximately 75 Technicians/Engineers/Scientists whom provide bespoke measurement solutions to address the unique and complex challenges presented by the submarine build environment.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.