BAE Systems UK
Location: Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: SHE Auditor
Location: Portsmouth (Travel to site in line with role demands, there will be some UK travel)
At BAE Systems we are committed to supporting work life balance for all our employees and embrace a range of modern working practices, which aim to enhance flexibility for individuals whilst also enabling business performance. Flexibility provisions vary by role, but include hybrid working arrangements, flexible working patterns and shift working.”
Salary: up to £48,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
The successful candidate will be the main assurance auditor of the team and must possess in depth knowledge and experience auditing. One of the main aspects of this exciting role is to travel to various BAE Systems sites over the UK and check the standards, rules, regulations, and compliance are being followed.
- The assurance auditor will conduct, advise, and support the SHE assurance team, with onsite specific assurance inspections and audits
- Report writing to management of their audit findings, present it to their line manager and upload onto the company management database
- This role is more about checking the standards and compliance, to ensure that customer specific processes and procedures are compliant to those issued by Corporate
- This candidate will maintain the non-conformance register and manage the ‘chase down’ to ensure that all corrections have been initiated and or completed
- They will also take all the out puts from the audit and present core findings to their management and stakeholders within the business
- Auditing to and maintaining ISO14001, ISO45001 & ISO9001 certification and reporting any potential threats which may affect ongoing certification to the Head of SHE
Your skills and experiences:
- Lead Auditor ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 ISO 90001.
- Recognised Health & Safety Qualification
- Recognised Environmental Qualification
- Quality and environmental background
- Local authority experience or military/MoD Experience
- Driving License
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Compliance (SHE) team:
You will be working as part of a large, supportive and dynamic compliance team. This role is diverse, and no two days will be the same. This will allow you to see many working parts of the business that not everyone would and allows for you to develop your knowledge, experience, and career.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.