Material State Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Marine Engineer
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: Up to £40,000, depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Acts as Material State Engineering point of contact for material state understanding of ships
- Assists in the production of detailed recovery options, creates and/or assists in the production of design requirement specifications for predictive and preventative proposals
- Driving engineering change (Fixes / Upgrades / Operation / Alterations) and support solutions based on insights gained from Material State Awareness
- Driving the collaboration between Material State Awareness and improvement in Platform availability, highlighting issues
- Building a positive relationship with various stakeholders including Ships Staff, OEM’s and wider RN about Material State Awareness
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience within Marine environment and on-board ships
- Preference for HNC / ONC or in an engineering subject – but open to experience
- Good understanding of ship systems and operations
- Good fault-finding skills
- Proven communication and report writing experience
- Ability to be able to provide recommendations for recovery material state
- Royal Navy background or similar Marine
- Both Mechanical (Pref) and Electrical (Des) experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Marine Engineering team:
As a Marine Engineer, you will be responsible for obtaining, monitoring, and translating Material State information into realizable benefit across all the platforms supported by Asset Management. By using your engineering knowledge and utilisation of multiple Material State source information you will identify degradation of material state, highlight issues to stakeholders, and help to develop and maintain a toolset portraying a live view of individual platforms material state.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.