Engineering Team Leader/Cost Account Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Engineering Team Leader
Location: Great Baddow, Cowes, or Portsmouth (Broad Oak), We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: Up to £65,000
What you’ll be doing:
The role holder will:
- Be the single point of accountability for the delivery of the defined scope of work, ensuring the allocation of the resource necessary to successfully plan and deliver a defined scope of work within budget, schedule, and quality constraints
- Supporting recruitment and management of staff ensuring activities are adequately resourced to achieve the program
- Providing accurate status reporting of engineering tasks and progress to the SRMLU project, Under Water Weapons and Maritime Services
- Coordinating and reviewing engineering estimates for on-going and new support activities
- Ensuring compliance with engineering policies and processes and suggest improvements to improve efficiency
- Working with the SRMLU project team to manage risk, obsolescence, and procurement
- Be actively involved in winning business and bid management where required
- Supporting customer facing meetings as directed by the Chief Engineer or Project Manager of any programmes they support
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree qualified in an appropriate discipline, or an equivalent level of competence
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent experience
- Expertise in Control Account Management and Engineering Management
- Proven knowledge & experience of the Engineering Lifecycle
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Engineering team:
The successful candidate will be working within a multi-disciplined engineering team, on a complex and challenging project that will provide a significant frontline capability to the UK Armed Forces. The role has scope for future growth and development.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.