BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Project Controller
Location: Scotstoun, Glasgow, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to£37K depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Collating programme performance metrics from various data sources to report against cost, schedule, milestone delivery and other KPIs
- Trend analysis of programme KPIs and deep dive activity to enrich programme performance information
- Presenting programme performance data and analysis to the Senior Project Manager or Control Account Manager, advising root cause analysis and recommended actions to correct programme performance issues
- Providing support to the Project Manager to manage cost, schedule and quality with associated data and metrics where required
- Providing support to the monthly EAC (Estimate at Complete) and resource profiling processes
- Supporting the management of risk and opportunity activity where required
Your skills and experiences:
- Excellent understanding of Project Controls processes including Project Reporting, Cost Management, Scheduling, Risk & Opportunity Management and Baseline Change Management
- Experience in using Project Controls toolsets for reporting such as Tableau
- Ability to interpret and analyse multiple data sources of management information and present to senior stakeholders
- Experience in problem solving including root cause analysis to support effective programme issue resolution
- Experience in Project Controller / Cost Engineer / Quantity Surveyor role within a complex engineering / manufacturing environment
- APM-Q or relevant degree qualification
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Project Controls team:
As a project controller / cost engineer you will be working as part of a Project Controls and Project Management delivery team on one of our major Naval Ships programmes supporting the Royal Navy and our international customers. The role will work across a range of stakeholders to provide support to the effective delivery of the programme by effectively analysing data to support informed decision making, reporting project status and ensuring cost and schedule forecasts and control are maintained.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.