Software Quality Assurance Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Rochester – We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 – depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing a Software Quality Role on a range of projects
- Developing and Implementing the Internal Software Quality Assurance Strategy (including auditing) to verify compliance with Project Software Standards and Requirements and other regulatory requirements in relation to the Software Development process
- Generation and implementation of Software Quality Plans and review and approval of Project documentation as Quality approver
- Documenting the completion of effective actions to address root cause prevent recurrence
- Supporting process owners in the development of root cause and action plans to address findings
Your skills and experiences:
- A good understanding of Software Development Lifecycles
- Strong communication skills to ensure process owners understanding and acceptance of audit findings
- Proven Software Engineer experience
- Demonstrable evidence of root cause investigations and supporting implementation of actions to prevent recurrence
- Experience of EN9100 (AS9100) Quality System Requirements (Training will be provided)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Quality Assurance team:
As part of the Quality Assurance Team, you will be implementing the internal Software Quality Assurance strategy for development projects. This opportunity enables someone with existing Software experience to gain knowledge and experience of Aerospace standards, in the quality assurance role within the development lifecycle within systems and hardware.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.