BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Project Leader
What you’ll be doing:
- Communicate effectively with the team, management and customer both internal and external
- Manage team communication in line through a visual management approach
- To be a facilitator to the team (support the team by co-ordinating actions to progress work activities)
- To help support and maintain the Integrated Work Team/Project Management structure including the encouragement and maintenance of continual improvement of the process
- Create sound inter and cross functional relationships
- To be conversant with the Quality and HS&E Management Systems, specifically the processes and documentation, training & risk assessments associated with your particular function. To deploy the applicable Quality Management System and HS&E documentation to your team ensuring they have both a thorough understanding of the content, risks and control measures and can ultimately demonstrate their competence to apply them
Your skills and experiences:
- HNC or equivalent qualification or equivalent experience
- Creation, receipt, maintenance and disposal of documents and records
- Sound knowledge of business-related operations and manufacturing processes
- Experience in the following areas: Design reviews, Earned value management, Integrated business planning and/or Risk and opportunity management
- Experience within Project leadership, Project teamwork, Programme management or Project management
- Recognised trade background
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Central Yard Facility (CYF) Enablement team:
You will lead key activities reporting the Area Manager Role in the CYF, formalising packages of work in a 6-week window to the build team in accordance with the system of work. You will be leading activities to formalise the agreement from the Enabling function to the build team at the Cold face of the product, understanding potential issues post-handover to the trade organisation and driving issues to resolution.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.