Electrical Team Leader
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Electrical Team Leader
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to 38,964 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Daily booking checks and validation to ensure team’s attendance is correctly captured to ensure pay is correct and the company invoices hours for payment.
- Engage, listen and effectively communicate to teams of responsibility to optimise delivery performance.
- Teams of responsibility will range in size due to the scale and complexity of the work but will be between 1 to 12 or 1 to 16 with surge.
- Day to day responsibility of teams’ performance management and development to include attendance, sickness, overtime approvals, training (where appropriate) and PDP’s (Personal Development Plans).
- Lead a continuously improving culture within teams of responsibility that will provide year on year benefit
- Responsible for resource allocation ensuring team are SQEP to conduct tasks.
- Ensure compliance to production plans, Service Order scheduling and allocation of orders via selected toolsets
- Responsible and accountable for daily bookings and teams utilisation to ensure financial performance meets budgeted targets.
- Reviewing tasks to ensure they have been completed to required standards which will result in robust right first time work acceptance performance.
- Ensuring risk and method statements are in place and given so work is completed to the high SHE standards.
- Where appropriate -Will support a Cost Account Lead (CAM) for work packages across a class ensuring time, cost and quality.
Your skills and experiences:
Previous supervisory / 1st line management experience
Stakeholder management experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Electrical team:
You will be responsible for a number of Electrical Fitters & apprentices based out of Portsmouth Naval Base. This is a varied and exciting role where no two days will be the same. You will be regularly liaising with internal and external stakeholders, and the ever changing opportunities will challenge you and allow you to apply previous knowledge and experience to a cross section of platforms.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.