BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Programme Manager
Location: Preston/Farnborough, hybrid.
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: up to £70,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Programme Management: Leading a large programme team to deliver complex change across different projects and portfolios with stakeholder and customers across Business Units and Internationally
- Delivery management: a strong technical, business and digital delivery management background with demonstrated ability at transformation level scale to plan and implement change in an agile fast-moving multi business and supplier environment
- Communicating, influencing and gaining agreement for ideas and proposals from a variety of stakeholders, including senior management and directors
- Delivering results: taking personal responsibility and holding others accountable for delivering our ambitious goals, continually improving their own performance and that of the team/organisation
Your skills and experiences:
- Extensive knowledge of Project and Programme Management (tools, techniques, practices) and good knowledge of other functions such as Commercial & Finance
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to complex issues in a wider Business context
- Technical expertise in executing IT programmes
- Recognised as an experienced Project Management practitioner
- University level education or professional qualifications gained through industry
- Professional PM Qualification (e.g. Prince 2, MSP)
- Change Management
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
Programmes and Transformation team:
Within a small, dedicated portfolio team you will deliver business and enterprise IT Programmes to cost, timescale, quality and customer satisfaction into the UK’s Leading Defence company.
BAES offers multiple opportunities for career growth and progression via a mature and progressive Project Management function spanning the entire organisation.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation