Security Investigations and Insider Threat Lead
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Security Investigations and Insider Threat Lead
Location: Portsmouth, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £53,000 DOE
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivering robust, independent, lawful investigations in support of business security obligations across all Products and Programmes
- Developing and delivering the Maritime Services Insider Threat Strategy in conjunction with Sector and Group policy
- Delivering focused, proportional, independent, lawful intelligence gathering, meeting all legislative and regulatory requirements, in support of insider threat mitigation across all products and programmes
- Leading security investigations, ensuring the effective deployment of resources and actions as part of the Security Management System, working across multiple sites as required, establishing collaborative working practices to assure the integrity of security Investigations
- Developing investigative action plans and take investigations through to appropriate reporting and disposal
- Liaise with Group Security regarding MOD disclosure via the Joint Security Co-ordination Centre (JSyCC) and follow up customer requirements
Your skills and experiences:
- A relevant qualification, or proven expeirence within Security Investigations, Intelligence or Risk Management
- Strong understanding of security and security principles, gained in a corporate security management, aviation security, defence, law enforcement or military environment
- Demonstrable Investigative Experience in a law enforcement or defence environment with a clear understanding of evidential integrity, intelligence management and insider threat
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to take a systematic approach to analyse and investigate security issues and to develop solutions or improvements
- Ability to build, develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, partner agencies, maintaining total confidentiality throughout
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Security Investigations team:
You will join a team responsible for planning and conducting security investigations and developing the Insider Threat profile in line with Maritime Services regulatory, contractual, policy and risk requirements. This will include building upon stakeholder relationships to protect BAE Systems, it’s people and infrastructure.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.