SHE Advisor - Policy %26 Assurance
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: SHE Advisor - Site Redevelopment Program or Policy & Assurance
Location: Barrow-In-Furness – hybrid working option for some roles
Salary:Competitive, Starting from £38,734
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring that there is timely and consistent advice, support, coaching and governance of SHE standards and legislation to support all activities across the organisation
- To support in the development and embedding of an improved safety culture within the Submarines business and support the SHE improvement programme
- Leading and delivering key risk reduction and improvement projects / activities
- Ensure professional and accountable interface with all stakeholders including all functional leads, regulators, contractors, and customers
- To ensure all applicable aspects of the Safety, Health and Environment Operational Plan and Strategy is delivered to schedule across all submarine sites
- Provide support to audits and accident / near miss investigations, producing comprehensive reports with root cause analysis
Your skills and experiences:
- Practical experience of supporting the management of Health and Safety risks and/or processes in a high-risk environment
- The ability to interpret and apply formal Regulations, Approved Codes of Practice and Guidance (for example SHE regulations)
- Proven written and verbal communication skills including stakeholder interaction report writing and investigative skills
- Proven background of driving a safety culture
- Proven background working with health and safety in a construction environment OR in an essential role drafting policy documents, process instructions, user guides or risk assessments
- Audit and investigation skills
- Previous experience of working in a Manufacturing, Production or Construction high risk environment
- Ability to deliver training / coaching
- Safety responsibility as part of a previous role
- Experience of writing policy or official company codes/documentation
- NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts.
The SHE team:
Would you like to work in a team responsible for keeping everyone safe and healthy at work?
As a Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Advisor, you will be involved in one of the most exciting engineering programmes in the UK, providing professional SHE advice to ensure safe construction and delivery of Nuclear Submarines.
The successful candidates will be placed within one of our following teams; Contract Management Team, Site redevelopment program team and Policy and Assurance team (depending on previous skills and experiences).
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.