Senior Engineer – Explosion Safety (DSEAR)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Engineer – Explosion safety
Location: Barrow-in-Furness. We offer hybrid and flexible working arrangements for this role – please speak the recruiter for further details
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the Explosion Safety Lead Engineer and take the lead in a number of projects to aid in the management of explosion safety compliance activities.
- Monitoring, recording and reporting against key performance indicators for explosion safety through a variety of key stakeholder groups
- Aid in the production and maintenance of explosion safety process documentation and management strategies for site
- Producing and reviewing explosion strategies and DSEAR risk assessments
- Supporting Commissioning Strategies for explosion safety systems
- Reviewing of engineering documentation (relevant to explosion safety)
- Providing support to regulatory body site inspections
- Supporting explosion safety workshops and working groups
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience in conducting DSEAR Assessments and understanding of Hazardous Area Classification (HAC) whilst working in an explosion safety engineering environment
- Passion for safety and open to developing new skills and undertaking further training in explosion risk management
- DSEAR risk assessment experience gained from a high hazard industry and can apply various methods of hazard analysis to support explosion safety compliance activities
- Previous experience in implementing business processes to achieve strategic objectives
- Degree qualified in STEM discipline (or Fire & Explosion Engineering / Risk Management)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Control Damage Hazards Team
This role will provide you with the chance to work alongside subject matter experts within an exciting and specialist skills area, whilst working on critical and complex engineering projects. There are excellent future progression opportunities which will be supported by the availability of further training and qualifications to develop specific specialities in the field of explosive atmospheres safety.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.