Air - Senior Systems Engineer – Radar
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: AIR - Senior Systems Engineer – Radar
Location: Warton. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: £45,326 - £49,834 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as the interface between the Radar Trials & Analysis team and Radar System Design teams, ensuring that key feedback from testing is communicated effectively
- Investigating design queries arising from Radar integration testing in Rig and Flight Test environments across the Eurofighter Partner Companies
- Production and management of design change artefacts, including the application of Requirements Management best practice and relevant processes such as Equipment Alteration Proposal Forms (EAPFs) and Requests for Authority (RFAs)
- Supporting the production of in-service modification advice and generation of the relevant documentation to enable Customer Test & Evaluation trials
- Co-ordinating monthly Radar Change Control Boards (CCBs), including preparation of technical presentation material, recording minutes and ensuring timely action resolution
- Maintaining Radar maturity metrics and team performance management, by generating and providing relevant management information
- Identifying and undertaking continuous improvement activities to enhance the performance of the Radar Engineering team
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree in a STEM subject or equivalent relevant experience
- Understanding of avionic systems and/or Radar
- Proven Systems Engineering background
- Previous ground/ flight test experience
- Knowledge and experience of requirements management
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Typhoon Radar Engineering team:
You will be expected to proactively interact with internal Subject Matter Experts, external suppliers, and other stakeholders to contribute to the success of the Radar programmes. You will work within a larger Systems Engineering team, which has the responsibility for Radar system design, Radar trials and analysis activities. This role will provide you with a unique opportunity to work concurrently across multiple stages of the lifecycle, including initial development of the latest Radar hardware & software, Entry into Service with multiple Customers and modifications & upgrades to in-service products, all on the well-established Typhoon platform. There will also be opportunities for travel within the UK, when current restrictions allow.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.