Senior Designer - Hull %26 Outfit
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Lead Senior Designer – Hull & Outfit
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the design and production of the 3D model of the whole boat primary structure which includes the shell plate/stiffening, all steelwork decks, bulkheads, and compartmentation as well as major castings
- Responsible for the design and production of the 3D structural fabrication models for equipment seats and structural mounting arrangements
- Responsible for the design and integration of many the whole boat compartments which are predominantly accommodation compartments and storerooms
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience in CAD Packages
- The ability to use the follow toolsets; CADD's 5, Database Manager GUI, ECR/PQ Database & OMS which are used on the Astute program
- The ability to use the follow toolsets; Foran, Teamcenter, OMS & BI tool which are used on the Dreadnought program
- The ability to use the follow toolsets; Siemens NX & Teamcenter, OMS, BI tool which are used on the SSNR program
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Hull & Outfit team:
The Hull & Outfit Design teams are organised in focused specialised teams, as a Designer you will report to a Project Leader. The other Designers on your team will consist of Designers of various abilities and capabilities, all of which doing similar work to yourself. These teams include, but are not limited to, Seating, Penetrations, Eye plates, Primary Structure, Hull Mechanics. Etc.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.