BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Hardware Engineer
Location: Christchurch (hybrid). We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing Hardware and Systems Engineering support to the business development activities, including study/experimentation, system de-risking, interfacing with suppliers and interaction with prospective customers at a technical level
- Developing and implementing technical solutions that meet the customer requirements
- Provisional estimates for specified activities to the development lead
- Accurately reporting on progress
- Completing work to a high standard and to scope, quality, and budget
- Supporting System Integration activities
- The safe design of the system prior to delivery and for the preparation of information required by the Design Authority to support the Design Certification and Certificate of Design activities
Your skills and experiences:
- A strong Hardware and Systems Engineering background.
- A good understanding of the complete engineering lifecycle and configuration management
- A good working knowledge of the development processes (e.g., requirements, design, specification, implementation, integration and testing, acceptance), and development tools (e.g. Requirements Management, Modelling and defect reporting systems)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Hardware team:
You will be a part of a team of engineers developing complex solutions that include communication systems for rugged land vehicles, hardwired/wireless (radio and 4G) and Tactical Data Link equipment integrated on to multiple platforms for several projects.
The Digital Intelligence team:
Customers increasingly demand information and technology solutions delivering advantage, communications, planning, operations, and cyber protection. C5ISR within Digital Intelligence is where we design and build cutting edge IT solutions for incorporation into products and services.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.