Air -Senior Systems Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Jobtitle: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Warton - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: Up to £57,344
What you’ll be doing:
Working arrangements for this role will involve working on site at Warton and at Supplier sites in the UK and at KSA Customer venues as appropriate. This role will provide a good opportunity for a developing engineer and whilst a range of skills and experience are desirable, there will be opportunity to develop skill knowledge and understanding within the engineering discipline.
- Product / Systems Test and Test programme management (Factory Acceptance and Site Acceptance Testing as appropriate)
- Test Rig Build, Configuration and Management
- Generation of Test Cases/Acceptance Test Procedures/Test Reports
- Generation and management including investigation and solution of System Problem Reports
- Input, planning and execution of key customer/external stakeholder engagements, (TRR’s, Briefings)
- Direct/Virtual Test Team People Management
- Providing technical leadership to junior engineers within the team
Your skills and experiences:
- Competent in windows toolsets, (Experience in PLM/DOORS/JIRA toolsets desirable) Test Methodologies, Test Environments and Toolsets, including knowledge and experience of integrating and testing of H/W and S/W IT Ground Based Systems and Test Rigs
- Typhoon Avionic and Electronic Warfare Systems Experience
- Familiarity in Factory Acceptance and Site Acceptance Testing and Ground Based System capability release processes and procedures through experience gained on an aircraft avionic related engineering project. (Preferably Typhoon Avionic/EW and Radar)
- Experience of working in an integration environment (Design and Test)
- Experience in liaising and managing across a wide spectrum of stakeholder groups including customer end users
- Knowledge, understanding and / or experience in systems engineering lifecycle principles and concepts
- A relevant degree in STEM subjects or equivalent (experience may offset), Demonstrable experience in Ground Based Systems test and integration and clearance work
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The LTEWP Delivery team:
The role is to act as a Senior Systems Engineer with emphasis on Ground Based Systems Test and System capability integration within the LTEWP delivery team responsible for supporting and working across the domain workstreams, (Toolsets, Processes, Training (inc Work experience), Requirements, Test, Qualification and Acceptance), to ensure capability delivery into KSA commensurate with demanding programme timescales.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.