Senior Project Leader - In-Service Support
BAE Systems UK
Location: South Gloucestershire
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Project Leader - In-Service Support
Location: Weymouth, Filton, Frimley. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing contracted projects from the MoD and supporting bid proposals for new tasking for in service delivery
- Supporting the delivery for in-service support contracts -
- Performing advanced project reporting and scheduling
- Managing the full project lifecycle to ensure that, over time, the needs of customers/users continue to be met and that financial and other benefits are achieved
- Identifying, assessing and managing risks to the success of the project, applying appropriate project management methods and tools either plan-driven or iterative/agile approaches
- Engaging with stakeholder such as finance, engineering, supply chain, customers, quality, assurance and safety teams
- Internally reporting for project performance reviews and contract status reports externally to the MOD customer
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree qualified APM Qualifications/associated certificate or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in project management
- Good stakeholder management experience
- Experience In defence would be beneficial
- Experience of submarine projects would be advantageous
- Ministry of Defence experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Integrated Combat Systems team:
The team works within Integrated Combat Systems (ICS) a through life service provider to the Royal Navy and other Industrial Partners.
The varied role will oversee a constantly evolving project from start to end working within production engineering. There will be a responsibility to oversee and manage all customer requests from conception, requirement setting and contracting, to the overseeing of manufacturing and production processes, either delivery of the physical produce or the enactment of the service required throughout the full project lifecycle.
This will provide an opportunity to gain exposure to the wider business and work with different level stakeholders.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.