Principal Engineer - Domain Lead (Hull and Outfit)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Principal Engineer - Domain Lead (Hull and Outfit)
Location: Nationwide- We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Being the main point of contact on all resourcing and recruitment matters for your capability area.
- Understanding the multiple programme and project demands to ensure a timely integrated supply of engineers as part of the overall Engineering supply solution
- Regularly engaging with engineering teams within the domains of responsibility, reporting and presenting information to the engineering teams or back into the Function team
- Agreeing, optimising and where necessary suggesting informed priority decisions required regarding resource options to meet the programmes needs and the career development of individuals within the nominated capability
- Establish and monitor the Engineering Short-, Medium- and Long-Term Skills Analysis and Plan, in alignment with the Submarines Product, Technology, Information Management and Toolsets strategy
- Ensuring the continued technical and professional development of the engineers and designers within the associated capability to achieve and sustain the necessary skills and thus to ensure quality of engineering activities
- Delivering governance (compliance) and ensure quality control of the application of the capability processes across the Programmes
Your skills and experiences:
- STEM degree (or equivalent qualification or experience) mechanical or structural
- Relevant professional registration or evidence of working towards this
- Engineering delivery experience, understanding of engineering programmes and lifecycles
- Understanding of engineering processes, toolsets, and the organisation
- Experience in one of the following capabilities, Hull and Outfit, Structural Engineering, Shock and Dynamics, Production Engineering, Propulsion Steering and Hull Mechanics, mechanical engineering.
- Project Management experience
- Experience of engagement with Multiple senior stakeholders with competing priorities
- Experience in presenting complex resource data
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Submarine Solutions team:
This role will provide you with a wide variety of activities and exposure to a range of stakeholders across multiple teams and programmes and will provide you with the opportunity to help determine the direction for this capability on behalf of the whole business unit and across all programmes. Future career progression could include Engineering Manager roles within our Submarines business area.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.