Senior Safety %26 Environmental Engineers
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Safety & Environmental Engineers
Location: Frimley, Weymouth, Bristol, Portsmouth, Barrow-in-Furness, Plymouth or Brough dependent on role and your personal circumstances.
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: Circa £48,900 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
▪ Providing advice on product safety matters to project and engineering managers delivering the programmes and ensuring the safety considerations are correctly considered and implemented
▪ Engaging with third parties, to review and gather supporting safety case evidence
▪ Developing safety arguments, both physical and functional, using appropriate safety analyses methods, producing and updating safety case and safety management documentation using appropriate regulations and standards
▪ Line Managing other safety practitioners in your team
Your skills and experiences:
▪ HND or equivalent, or relevant industry experience
▪ Broad knowledge of industry safety standards (such as Def Stan 00-56, IEC 61508 or similar)
▪ Demonstrable experience in safety engineering activities in the defence, maritime or a relevant highly regulated domain
▪ Good communication skills and ability to interact and manage stakeholders
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Safety & Environmental team:
You will have the opportunity to work within a team of engineers and technical specialists to help us design, develop, integrate, manage, and support complex systems and combat sub-systems for in service and future submarines.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.