BAE Systems UK
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Field Engineer
Location: Mobile (UK & Overseas)
Salary: Up to £42,250
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide engineering field support for Royal Navy Surface & Sub-Surface platforms and Land Radar systems
- Travel to internal and external customer sites in the UK and overseas
- Fault finding, planned preventative maintenance, commissioning and proposing technical solutions
- Work as part of a team under limited technical supervision
- Ensure internal and external customer relationship are maintained and developed
- Adhere to legislation and company policy
Your skills and experiences:
- HNC or above in a STEM subject or previous engineering experience
- Broad understanding of mechanical, electrical/electronic engineering principals
- Experience of fault-finding, repair and commissioning of complex mechanical/electronic systems
- The ability to work independently and under pressure
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships internally and externally
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
Field operations team
Field Operations are a multi-skilled team of Engineers. We are front line ambassadors supporting the Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and external customers in the UK (primarily on the South Coast) and overseas.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.