Senior Commissioning Engineer - Electrical
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: SeniorCommissioning Engineer - Electrical
Location: Barrow-in -Furness We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supervising, where applicable, and safely performing commissioning activities to deliver a Nuclear Submarine.
- Being responsible for Health Safety and Environmental behaviours and to demonstrate particular HS&E leadership at the coal face
- Producing and reviewing section specific test documentation
- Communicating well and being able to work with all levels of the business & external customers
- Representing the Company internally and externally as required by contractual requirements
- Working away from site and/or sea trials
- Being flexible for shift work
Your skills and experiences:
- HNC or equivalent in an Electrical discipline, or comparable experience in an Electrical engineering role
- Previous test and commissioning experience with electrical systems or alternatively experience of the setting to work of electrical systems
- Awareness of, experience with, authorised documentation, or test standards
- Competent with basic Microsoft IT packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Planning or working towards professional registration – further personal development options available when eligibility criteria met
You will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. You will be thorough, with good attention to detail. You will be organised along with the ability to coach and mentor other members of the team.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Test and Commissioning Team - Submarines:
As a Test and Commissioning Engineer you have an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team and department supporting the national nuclear defence endeavour working with the Royal Navy to deliver nuclear power submarines.
You will be commissioning emergent and future technologies on one of the country’s most technically complex projects, in one of five test sections (Ship, Weapons, Nuclear, Propulsion or Strategic Weapons). With the opportunity to influence design, build and commissioning activities, across submarine programmes.
You will work with a diverse range of stakeholders including Build, Engineering, Quality and Supply Chain with many opportunities for personal development whilst being supported by the team and the business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.