Engineering Manager - Electrical Power (SSNR)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Engineering Manager Electrical Power (SSNR)
Location: Barrow, Filton, Manchester, and Portsmouth (Hybrid - On-site 2 days per fortnight)
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading a team undertaking functional design, providing specialist advice and producing evidence in support of legislative, safety and technical requirements
- Liaising with internal and external customers as leader of a technical team
- Undertaking peer reviews and approvals of Electrical documentation
- Leading and managing a team of Electrical Engineers as part of a wider integrated project team responsible for executing, evaluating, delivering, and managing complex engineering and/or cross functional tasks/ programmes of work recognising stakeholder and customer requirements
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for personal and team development to ensure that professional capability of the business and individual are maintained and improved
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of working within a relevant Engineering role to industry codes and standards
- Experience of working in complex design programmes
- Experience of working on Electrical Power Systems covering elements such as Low Voltage AC, DC, and Electrical Distribution and Protection
- Degree qualified (Electrical Engineering / Management) or equivalent Engineering experience, chartered Engineer
- Desirable soft skills to include organisation, positive leadership, mentoring and support
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Power Engineering team:
An exciting opportunity to join our Electrical Power Engineers who are ready to push the boundaries of Engineering Excellence in the design and manufacture of a new generation of Royal Navy Submarines.
You will be able to see beneath the surface and discover more about the challenges and triumphs behind some of the most complex engineering projects ever undertaken. Do you think you have what it takes?
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.