Principal Designer - Hull %26 Outfit
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Lead Principal Designer – Hull & Outfit
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the design and production of the 3D model of the whole boat primary structure which includes the shell plate/stiffening, all steelwork decks, bulkheads, and compartmentation as well as major castings
- Responsible for the design and production of the 3D structural fabrication models for equipment seats and structural mounting arrangements
- Ability to apply a breadth and depth of design knowledge related to systems and processes to solve design problems using well proven analytical techniques. Diagnoses and resolves complex specialist operational, repair, installation and commissioning problems and issues
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience in CAD Packages, particularly FORAN, NX and/or Solidworks
- Experience of engineering design principles and practices within product standards area
- Specialists in techniques, processes and tools for large scale detailed designs of platforms, assemblies, systems and equipment installation
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Hull & Outfit team:
The Hull & Outfit Design teams are organised and specialised teams. As a Designer you will report to a Project Leader and the team will consist of Designers of various abilities and capabilities. The specialised teams within the overall design team include but are not limited to: Seating, Penetrations, Eye plates, Primary Structure, Hull Mechanics.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.