BAE Systems UK
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Systems Engineer
Location: New Malden, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £42,000 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to the elaboration and agreement of system requirements understanding the change in system capability against an established design baseline
- Support the development of design specifications under guidance and carry out design activities in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards
- Participate in developing, maintaining and improving engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need
- Carry out technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the design of improvements
- Support liaison with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters
- Support the testing and acceptance process for both hardware & software releases
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
- Ability to operate in a large, complex multi-project environment
- To have some knowledge & ability to grow skills in one or more of the following systems engineering disciplines: Requirements Analysis & Management, System Design, Human Factors, Performance Analysis, System Acceptance Management, Trials & Integration Support and Configuration Management
- Knowledge of DOORS requirements tool
- Degree qualified or equivalent, in a technology, engineering or science related discipline
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Submarine Command System team:
SMCS is the ‘brain’ of the Combat System installed in every class of the UK RN Submarine flotilla. Taking contact observations from all the platform’s sensors, the role of SMCS is to determine and develop a visual and interpretable Tactical Picture to support the Submarine command team in ensuring the Submarine fulfil its mission objectives. The SMCS system provides a range of command team support roles including; tactical picture generation and management, weapon management (tactical deployment guidance and deployment, Oceanography and on-board training facilities for the command team.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.