Senior Design Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Location: South Ayrshire Council
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Design Engineer
Location: Prestwick - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary:up to £50000 depending on skills and experiance
What you’ll be doing:
- Defining and carrying out engineering tasks to cost and on time to meet requirements and business needs
- Ensuring the technical content of the work, including deliverables to the required engineering standards
- Confirming all work is compatible with the departmental quality policy and that departmental procedures, processes, and data for activities within your span of control
- Ensuring effective interactions with customers, colleagues, and others, to promote the best interests of the team, department, and company
- Providing efficiency and effectiveness suggestions for the development of design engineering toolsets and processes within the Design Engineering discipline
Your skills and experiences:
- Engineering Qualification – degree, HND or HNC
- Demonstrated experience of Design Engineering within the aerospace industry
- Ability to apply engineering principles to problem solving in the Product Design domain and a logical approach to task management
- Experience of developing mechanical and structural design concepts, producing design specifications, preliminary and detail design drawings, and models, and writing reports
- Previous experience of technical checking and approving
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Design team:
As a part of Design Team, you will be working with a variety of airframe design and development programmes. Engaging with a selection of key stakeholders across the Engineering Function while developing the opportunity to manage staff and work on different platforms. The role of Senior Engineer will equip you with a fulfilled career and a personally rewarding experience.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.