Support Engineering Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Support Engineering Manager
Location: Barrow-in-Furness. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements for this role
Salary: Up to £64,700 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Team management responsibility for 5 product groups teams within LSA and Supply Support
- Regular reporting line into Senior Management and wider business including MoD customer and industry partners
- Responsible for the creation and upkeep of all plans, policies and processes within LSA & Supply Support
- Responsible for approval and sign-off for technical work scope to meet internal regulatory requirements as well as customer delivery requirements
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for LSA and Supply Support disciplines
- Interpret and apply UK MOD Supply Support strategy to develop LSA recommendations and influence equipment availability
- Provide estimates for the scope of work and resources required to deliver support bids, proposal development and project planning activities
- Engaging with key stakeholders within BAE systems, the MOD and Key suppliers
- Supporting the development and wellbeing of the engineering team and support the long-term capability development for the LSA & Supply Support discipline
Your skills and experiences:
- Engineering Project Management experience
- Background in complex and highly regulated engineering environment
- Effective leadership qualities with a proven track record of responsible management and leadership
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience within Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline
- Chartered engineer or equivalent experience
- Experience with maintaining or operating complex mechanical/electrical systems
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The LSA and Supply Support team:
As part of the wider Submarine Support function within Integrated Combat Systems, you will be involved with Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) and Supply Support to help optimise key Submarine components and systems for their in-service operation. This role is responsible for a sizeable, multi-site team across multiple submarine platforms and classes utilising strategic systems of record such as Siemens Team Centre PLM Systems, SAP ERP and Raytheon Logistics toolsets to define and manage support technical information outputs and deliverables.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.