Head of Detail Design - Canadian Surface Combatant
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Head of Detail Design - Canadian Surface Combatant
Location: Scotstoun - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: Up to £86,200 (dependent on experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team in a project environment, to develop and maintain the detailed spatial design scope through to generation of production outputs for the CSC Global Combat Ship (GCS)
- Work closely with the CSC Delivery Director, first line reports, PM team, Change team, centralised Engineering teams and the Customer organisation to ensure that the work of the team delivers the required outputs fully aligned and integrated with the programme needs
- Responsible for managing schedule delivery, cost financial performance and quality as well as risk management
- Manage and support Customer and Stakeholder groups through reviews and progress meetings, sharing best practice
- Work with the Delivery Director and the Head of Programme to ensure that their areas meet the Lifecycle Management governance and reporting requirements of the Company and the Authority, as well as the generic CSC Project Management processes
- Apply subject matter expertise in an engineering discipline to deliver engineering activity including design, develop and maintain products, systems and processes
- Accountable for Resource management of the team in line with demand and working with Function on appropriate supply solution
Your skills and experiences:
- Excellent practitioner, by experience and expertise, in Detail Design
- Experience in an engineering discipline at a senior management level that has demonstrated project management and leadership skills
- Experience in the design, build, integration and support of ships
- Knowledge of shipbuilding, Operations processes and modern build strategies
- Experienced in Life Cycle Management reviews of bids and programmes
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Our Detail Design Team:
As Head of Detail Design within BAE Systems Naval Ships you will have an excellent opportunity to lead, develop and grow a world class Detail Design capability that our Naval Ships requires to undertake its business.
This is a highly visible role where you will be regularly engaging with our key stakeholders in the UK and Canada. This role will provide you with excellent career progression and skills development opportunities within the BAE Systems business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.