Senior Systems Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Portsmouth - we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £48K depending on skills & experience
What you’ll be doing:
- The primary objective of the role will be to conduct systems engineering activities for a range of products produced by the Tools & Technology team at the MISC.
- Production and maintenance of Systems Engineering documentation such as requirements, design, test plans & acceptance reports;
- Day-to-day maintenance and configuration management of the systems;
- Development and certification of new tools/utilities;
- Leading systems acceptance & Test events.
Your skills and experiences:
- Sound understanding of the systems development lifecycle;
- Good understanding of producing regulatory documentation;
- Basic understanding of IP networks (protocols, switching & routing)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Senior Systems Engineering team:
As part of this role you will support the development and maintenance of the Integration, Test and Analysis toolset for the Naval Ships Combat Systems (NSCS) Maritime Integration Support Centre (MISC) located at Portsdown Technology Park. This role provides an opportunity to design and integrate leading edge developments in a complicated systems-of-systems environment, interacting with a variety of stakeholders at various levels from the senior engineering community to peers in management positions through to customers.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.