Software Developer - Cross Domain
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Software Developer - Cross Domain
Location: Yeovil. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: Circa £44,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing technical solutions and providing software development and testing of those solutions
- Adherence to project processes and software development practices
- Supporting system test and integration activities
- Producing technical documentation
- Planning, scheduling, assigning, and reviewing work of the team
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders and reporting on progress
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience with C++ and Java
- Experience of modern libraries including STL, Apache libraries (NiFi etc)
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals
- Linux or Windows development experience
- Ability and desire to learn new programming languages and technologies quickly
- Experience with scripting languages such as Ruby, Python or Bash
- Docker experience
- Understanding of low-level computing concepts
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Digital Intelligence team:
Customers increasingly demand information and technology solutions delivering advantage, communications, planning, operations and cyber protection. C5ISR within Digital Intelligence is where we design and build cutting edge IT solutions for incorporation into products and services.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.