Metrologist - Calibration Technician
BAE Systems UK
Location: Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Metrologist – Calibration Technician
Location: Portsmouth. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £32,388 Depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Researching problems and issues, gathering information from a range of physical and informational sources
- Reviewing defects on the measurement systems or TME/RDME in order to gain a complete understanding of the problem and all relevant circumstances
- Conducting performance testing, optimisation and adjustment activities on hand tools test & measurement equipment (TME) and radiation detection & monitoring equipment (RDME) under direct technical supervision and close managerial control
- Submitting all reports, complete with all relevant information, and seeking appropriate signatures and approvals as required
- Updating records, performance information, and in-service data such that all information is current
- Identifying and assisting in the development of work procedures and technical documents
- Completing management information as required including report status against own workload
Your skills and experiences:
- Previous experience within Metrology / Calibration is essential
- Must be able to write / interpret technical reports and proficient use of Microsoft tools I.e. Word / Excel
- The ability to build relationships is essential
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Metrology team:
Working in a well-established and tight knit team, there will be a lot of opportunity for further training, support and development in this role I.e. working on Nuclear testing and calibration equipment as well as across a variety of areas – Electrical, Mechanical, Pressure Gauges, Digital and Nuclear. This role is based in the heart of the Portsmouth Naval Yard, and will be working on equipment from a variety of classes of ship and various projects.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.