Senior Technical Author/ Technical Author
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Technical Author/ Technical Author
Location: Rochester - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: £36,000 - £41,000 Depending skills on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparation and amendment of technical manuals/handbooks including the generation of original text, functional block diagrams, circuit diagrams and technical illustrations. Authoring of Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs)
- Producing data that is compliant with Civil, MoD and Company standards, procedures/specifications and contractual requirements
- Understanding product structures and Technical Data Packs, enabling gathering of information from various sources to create your publications
- Managing all aspects of Change Control, internal/supplier/customer
- Having an in depth understanding of Hardware, enabling you to query data content with project Engineers to ensure accurate representation/interpretation within your publications
Your skills and experiences:
- A background in Engineering demonstrated through a HND equivalent or above in Electronic Engineering or an associated subject
- Proficient in the creation of clear highly detailed documentation to support an engineering readership
- Proficient in the creation and editing of drawings, layout of documents and the creation of text to a professional standard
- Experience of Adobe FrameMaker (Structured & Unstructured), S1000D editor or Eagle EPS, Initial Provisioning to S2000M
- Experience or exposure to Data Modules (DMs) Component Maintenance Manuals (CMMs) Initial Provisioning Lists (IPLs), and Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs)
- Experience in compiling LSAR using Eagle LPD Software
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Technical Publications team:
As a Technical Author you will work within the Technical Publications team, contributing to the development and through life support of customer facing manuals and other deliverable publications. This will involve; researching, developing, writing, and reviewing technical information and guidance for new and existing products, services and publications (reports and manuals) to be used by both UK and overseas customers.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.