Manufacturing Engineer - Manufacturing Build Planning
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Manufacturing Build Planning Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
- The manufacturing dataset will be broken down to a more granular level (level 5) defining the most appropriate methods, assembly works orders and provide an ‘As planned’ Bill of Material (BOM).
- The Integrated Production Plan ensures that Operations are provided with everything they require to maintain conformance to the design intent, complete work within budget and to schedule and, with an accurate “As-Built” record, that is reconciled against the “As Designed” intent.
- Responsible for converting the Engineering Design intent (Drawings, standards etc.) into Manufacturing Engineering data for use in Operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that their Manufacturing Engineering output meets all relevant Safety and Quality requirements.
- Responsible for generating and progressing Manufacturing Engineering output in-line with Project/Programme requirements.
- Responsible for communicating and working with a variety of stakeholders to deliver packages of work which achieve a 'business best practice' solution.
- Responsible for generating Manufacturing Engineering data outputs for routine tasks.
Your skills and experiences:
- Demonstrable design (Process) knowledge
- Experience of working within a cross functional team
- Document management skills (Team centre/ SAP)
- Understanding technical drawings and technical data
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Build Planning team:
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will be part of a project that aims to deliver an optimum level of design maturity as we further progress in refining the build strategy for the Dreadnought programme. The Dreadnought submarine represents a major step forward in integrating the build strategy into the submarine design process and how the submarines meet extremely stringent safety requirements.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.