Procurement Business Trainee
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Procurement Business Trainee – 2 year fixed term contract
Location: Rochester, Kent; We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
This is a full-time role on a 2-year fixed term contract and will be based at our site in Rochester. On successful completion of the scheme, you may be offered a permanent position within the function, where you will get the opportunity to continue with further training as a Procurement professional and further advance your career within a fundamental function to the Electronic Systems business.
You will experience working with various Procurement teams and will complete a Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) Level 3 qualification, fully funded by BAE Systems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Receiving requisitions and demands, supporting negotiation with suppliers, and processing Purchase Orders and Purchase Order amendments in accordance with Procurement processes, procedures, and the requirements of the business
- Understanding the budget requirements for the Purchase Orders and supporting the achievement of these requirements through effective negotiation with suppliers
- Obtaining and communicating progress updates from suppliers, resolving issues, and escalating more critical issues to senior members of staff
- Maintaining supplier open order books and ensuring that correct and current data is maintained in the Oracle ERP system
- Processing supplier returns, ensuring these are actioned in a timely manner
- Understanding and supporting the implementation of corporate Procurement processes and initiatives as appropriate to your area of responsibility
Your skills and experiences:
- Minimum of five GCSEs - Grade 5 or above (or recognised equivalent qualifications) which must include English and Maths
- Three A levels A-C grade (or recognised equivalent qualification)
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Be driven and self-motivated with a desire to develop an exciting and rewarding career
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Procurement team:
The Procurement function is the trusted partner in providing best value solutions for the business; managing supplier relationships, determining capable sources that offer innovative technical solutions, placement of orders for goods and services, and the maintenance of these orders governed by procedures and processes. As part of a wider Supply Chain Management organisation the Procurement function acts as the focal point for all interactions between the business and our global supply chain.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.