Senior Engineering Manager - Electrical Power (SSNR)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Engineering Manager – Electrical Power (SSNR)
Location: Barrow-In-Furness (Hybrid) - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
What you’ll be doing:
- Management & integration of team delivering electrical systems and equipment on SSNR programme, consisting of several major engineering systems, disciplines, platform assemblies, equipment, or software products
- Delivery of packages of work, involving new products and complex upgrades, utilising new and existing technologies, requiring multiple interfaces with customer and suppliers.
- Managing the integration of multidiscipline engineering teams, resolution of engineering conflicts between disciplines, systems, and capabilities
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree qualified in any STEM related discipline
- Chartered Engineer
- Engineering background with any discipline, not necessarily electrical
- Experienced in managing and developing others
- Ability to lead with clear direction and making effective decisions
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Power Engineering team:
An exciting opportunity to join our Electrical Power Engineers who are ready to push the boundaries of Engineering Excellence in the design and manufacture of a new generation of Royal Navy Submarines.
You will be able to see beneath the surface and discover more about the challenges and triumphs behind some of the most complex engineering projects ever undertaken. Do you think you have what it takes?
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.