Ship Services Planning Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Ship Services Planning Manager
Location: Portsmouth - we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements dependant on the project
Salary: Up to 53k depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide leadership and direction to the ship services planning team in accordance with planning governance and processes
- Work collaboratively with other areas and project teams to ensure the portfolio of work will be delivered on time and to the highest standard
- Identifying problem areas and rectifying any issues by liaising with all departments involved with the project’s lifecycle, i.e Supply Chain, Quality, Procurement
- Carry out short term and strategy resourcing and demand planning
- Ensuring teams are sized correctly to meet customer demand
- Responsible for undertaking production and scheduling reviews to ensure correct quality of planning and production scheduling for the Ship Services team
- Development of the team and have a viable succession plan for your teams by working collaboratively with the capability leads
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge and in-depth experience of core project management capabilities (i.e., Planning & Scheduling, Risk & Opportunity management, lifecycle management and stakeholder management)
- Strong project planning and scheduling skills
- Ability to communicate clearly across functions, business streams & project boundaries and work effectively at all levels in the wider organisation
- The understanding of certain aspects within the BID lifecycle, preferably estimating
- Knowledge and experience in maritime sector and/or in dealing with Ministry of Defence
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Ship Services Team:
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals with leadership experience. You will be the direct line manager for between 3-8 members of staff. This is a very varied role as you will be working, influencing and supporting with the delivery across all vessels supporting the UK’s Naval Infrastructure. This is a relatively newly created division and this will allow for the right individual to influence and grow the process within the company.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.